Whether it’s through social media, TV, radio or some other medium, the average American sees thousands of ads and promotional messages every day. Wherever you look, there are signs posted, flashing and flickering, beckoning customers to come take a look.
While it may seem overwhelming, but there’s a reason you see all that promotion and advertising: it works and chances are good that you’re listening. The promotional products industry makes thousands of items imprinted with logos, slogans and the like to promote, organizations, services, products and events among other things. In 2011 alone, the promotional products industry in the United States increased its revenues to $18.5 billion and that number has grown exponentially since then.
Everywhere you look there are promotional products. The promotional T-shirts you wear with the name of a company on them? That’s a promotional product. The promotional tote bag you use to carry groceries? That’s also a promotional product. In fact, there’s a good chance your home is filled with promotional products that you use every day.
Whether you may know it or not, promotional products can be extremely effective marketing tools that can help your company get noticed and help build its brand. Here are five benefits your company can gain from promotional products.
- Customer Loyalty: If you can find a way to retain loyal customers, that’s going to be good for your business long term. Products such as pens, promotional T-shirts, hats, patches and other items can help foster the customer loyalty you’re seeking and give your company’s brand its own personality. Getting your logo or brand out there makes it easier for people to see it and remember it.An effective and memorable logo can go a long way in increasing the brand awareness of a company. If people can associate your company’s name, logo or brand with success and good service, they’re more likely to do repeat business with you.
- Cost Effectiveness: Compared to other forms of advertising, promotional products can be very cost-effective. Distributing promotional products increases the likelihood that word of your business will get around through word of mouth. Putting promotional products in the hands of the right person can be a godsend for your business.If you’re looking for a surefire product to get people’s attention, try promotional T-shirts:
- More than 90 percent of Americans (95%) wear T-shirts.
- From 2009-2014, the T-shirt industry grew almost 25%.
- Ninety percent of Americans own at least one T-shirt with sentimental value and they refuse to get rid of it as a result.
- In the United States, more than 50% of women and 70% of men own 10 or more T-shirts.
- In a 2012 product category study, wearables like promotional T-shirts account for nearly 30 percent of total product sales.
- Recognition: There’s a reason why everyone flocks to companies like McDonalds, Coca-Cola and John Deere. They stand out and they know how to market themselves well. If you can do those things too and make people recognize your brand, success should follow.That’s where promotional products come in. 50 percent of people use products like promotional T-shirts, pens and outerwear. In addition, 25 percent of people say their impression of a company is more positive after getting a promotional product.
- Standing Out: When it comes to promotional products, the sky is the limit for your company. Whether you want to slap your company’s logo on promotional T-shirts, fidget spinners or pens and pencils, there are no limits to what you can do. You can gear certain products to specific markets with compressed Tshirts or custom promotional towels printed for certain products you might be trying to sell.
- Better sales potential: While the whole point of promotional products is to increase awareness of something, when it comes to your company, they can also be used to generate new leads for sales. They can be used as an incentive for existing customers who refer someone to your business. You can also use them if you’re making a sales pitch to a potential client, extolling the virtues of what your company can offer.
Whether you’re using koozies, promotional T-shirts, promotional towels or Frisbees, promotional products can do a lot to help increase awareness of your business and help you stand out in an ever-changing marketplace.